One of my favorite things about the Fresh Fork CSA is that we are permitted to take up to 4 weeks of vacation. I am definitely one who needs all 4 weeks. This week, I’m in Baltimore, so we aren’t going to be able to use/pick up our share. Usually, when I’m on vacation from my pickup, I am very sad to be missing one or two of the items. This week, I finally feel like I picked a great week to be on vacation.
Don’t get me wrong, I love most of the items on the list. But, many of them are either things we’ve been getting all summer or items that are just starting to appear. The only item that would have been new and fun would have been the mini Mira sweet corn. Maybe I’ll get lucky and still be able to obtain some of it.
I hope everyone enjoys their share this week. I’m hoping for lots of winter squash in the upcoming weeks.
Here’s what the large share is scheduled to receive this week:
- 1 whole pasture raised chicken
- 3 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bunch kale or 1 pint mixed color baby sweet peppers
- 2 ct. eggplant (1 if they are really large)
- 2 ct. red bell peppers
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1-2 onions, depending on size
- 1 lb. dragon-tongue beans
- 2 ct. zucchini
- 6 ears mini Mira sweet corn
- 3 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1-2 leeks
- A handful Poblano peppers
Enjoy the change from summer to winter this weekend.