For the past few weeks, I have been working out with a second trainer, Chelsea. Chelsea is a great trainer and I always get a challenging workout from her. I don’t think I am lazy when I work out on my own, but when a trainer is pushing me, it is always more challenging. My workouts aren’t planned in advance. Chelsea has a good idea of what we are going to do, but it varies based on equipment availability, how I feel and how well I am doing the exercises. Eventually, I will be getting copies of my workouts after the fact and my posts will hopefully be more complete.
Here’s my summary of today (in my own words as I don’t know most of the technical terms :-))
15 min warm up on the Elliptical
30 min w/Chelsea
- hack squat machine (This is a new machine and it was my first time. I think the jury is still out). I did one set of 10 or so without weights and then 2 sets with 25 pounds on each side. It looks like this http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/SLHackSquat.html
- lat pull down – 2 sets of 10 with 80 pounds
- row – 2 sets of 10 with 70 pounds
- chess press on incline bench w/12 pound dumbbells
- same thing with one arm while the other was held straight and up with weight while the other pressed (alternate hold)
- bicep curls w/10 pound dumbbells
- variety of squats – some with an 8 pound ball and others with 12 pound dumbbells
- assisted plank (meaning I am leaning on some type of bench and I am not all the way on the ground)-we did these 3 different times. I finally held one for over 30 seconds. My personal goal is 1 min on the ground. We’ll see how long that takes
- abs machine – this was my first time on the new machine. It was a slightly different motion than the previous machine, but I liked it. I ended up with a weight of 60 and did quite a few. I’m not good at counting.
I finished up the workout with some cardio. I did 10 min on a new AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer) machine and then an additional 15 min on the Elliptical. The AMT was strange. I’m not sure if I like it or not.
Tomorrow’s workout: new equipment orientation and then cardio dance with Ilia.