I had my trainer workout with Chelsea today. It’s been a week since I did weight training and 3 weeks since I trained with her. After my long weekend off and spinning yesterday, I was tired today. I got a good night sleep, but my body was tired. Also, it was finally hot today. It was already 60 degrees when we left for the JCC and the workout room was much hotter than normal as a result.
I warmed up on the elliptical for 20 minutes and almost emptied my water bottle. I don’t ever have to refill after only 20 minutes.
- Lunge and Press: 10 lbs (the second half was plain lunges… tired)
- Pliet Squat: 20 lbs (about 20)
- Cross Body Woodchop: 10 lb ball (20 on each side)
- Abdominal ball–>knee touch: 8 lb ball (1 minute)
- Chest Press: 15 lbs DB (2 sets of 10-15)
- Shoulder Press: 8 lbs DB (2 sets of 10-15)
- Plank (minimal, I was really weak today)
- Bicep Curl: 12 lbs (1 set of 15 against the wall to isolate the muscle)
- Tricep Dips (I try, but can’t really do these, so we used a 15lb dumbbell and did a different triceps exercise.
When I finished with Chelsea, I did 3 sets of 10 back extensions with a 10lb plate and then stretched. I feel pretty good now, but I am guessing I’ll be sore in the morning.
Next up: cardio workout (probably elliptical)