Today, I had my first workout with Chelsea since I injured my knee. My knee is feeling pretty good, but it is definitely going to be a long time before I am jumping in a cardio class or trying a BOSU. I still am very week with lateral movements. I warmed up with 30 minutes on a recumbent stationary bicycle. My RPMs were low, but it felt good with my knee.
Chelsea decided on an upper body circuit workout for me. Here’ are the details:
- Push Ups on the smith machine (2 sets, one of 8 and one of 12)
- Cable Row: 70 lbs (2 sets of 15, weight lowered on the second set)
- Tricep Rope single arm: 30 lbs (2 sets of 15, weight lowered on the second set)
- Bicep Curl DB: 15 lbs (standing against the wall, 1 set of 12)
- Lat Pull: wide and narrow grips- 70 lbs (1 set of 15 of each)
- Squat/Curl/Stand/Press combo: 10 lb DB’s (2 sets of 15)
- Pec Fly: 45 lbs (1 set of 15)
- Incline Chest Press: 30 lbs (2 sets of 12)
- Crunches (2 sets of 20)
- Core Ball Alt Leg for ABS (20)
I spent the evening at University Circle with the family. We walked around, had a picnic and enjoyed the festivities at Wade Oval. I’m tired tonight and I suspect my upper body might be sore tomorrow.
Next up: cardio tomorrow afternoon.