Today was the 6th pick up for the Fresh Fork CSA. We were expecting the following items. Trevor is good at sending us a detailed list. We usually get it on Tuesday for our Thursday pick up. It works out well because Tuesday is when I pick up my Geauga Family Farms CSA and then I can plan dishes and meals for the next few days. This week, I was particularly glad to see the pasta on the list, since it makes a tasty quick dinner on days when we are running late.
- 1 bulb onion, candy variety
- 1 head German white porcelain garlic
- 1 lb green beans or sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 ct zucchini
- 2 ct squash
- Approx 2 lbs sweet cherries
- 1 pint black raspberries
- Approx 1.5 lbs slicing tomatoes
- 1 lb garlic chive linguini
- 1 cucumber
Here is what we received:
We were able to request beans instead of peas. That worked out well for us since we got peas on Tueday. We didn’t receive cilantro or zucchini, but we have an extra cucumber. I don’t usually know if these are packing errors or if the order was shorted. So, I’ll email to ask about it. I am surprised that we didn’t get lettuce this week, but it’s also starting to get hot, so we can expect a few weeks without it at some point until the weather cools off again. We’ll see what next week brings. We still have lettuce from our other CSA this week and plenty of other veggies to eat.
In addition to the above, we bought another bag of corn chips ($3) to have with our taco dinner this weekend.
Menu Planning for upcoming meals:
- taco filling with local ground beef, onions, tomatoes, garlic, carrots
- roast from earlier week (freezer) with roasted carrots, beets, onion, kohlrabi
- zucchini and yellow squash fritters or baked fries
- more coleslaw
- chicken with green beans
- quiche with collards or maybe a sauté of collards
- salad with cucumbers, radishes
- tofu marinated stir fry with peas, cabbage, onions
Except for milk and bananas, we haven’t needed anything at the grocery store lately. We love our fresh produce.