I had a trainer appointment with Chelsea today. I hadn’t had one in two weeks and she definitely had a plan for me when we started our session. First, I warmed up with 40 minutes on the E Spinner and some stretching and PT exercises.
For the most part, my knee is doing fine, but it’s not strong and I am extra careful. Chelsea agrees that we should push things with the lower body, so upper body and abs were in store today!
Here’s the workout:
- Bench Press: 7-7-7 – I used just the weight of the bar, there were 3 sets of 3 grips of 7 reps each (narrow, middle and wide). The rest period was after 21 and involved the abs fold
- Abs fold and extend (flat bench) – 2 sets inbetween above
- Abs: incline bench squeeze ball and extend – these still need practice, but I managed to do 15 or so in total
- Abs: core ball alternating leg – 20 total
- Pec Fly: 12 lbs – 2 sets of 15 with a bit of help on the second set
- Chest Press: 12 lbs – 1 set of 15 with 12lbs and the second set with 8 lbs
- Squat and Press: 8 lbs – only about 15
- Lateral walk w/ resistance band: back and forth in the personal training room 3 or 4 times
- Stability ball hamstring curl: maybe 15, boy these are hard!
I had a great workout. I’m already sore. My weight is up a bit due to some crazy schedules and eating, but I’m ready to get back on track. I’ll be back tomorrow with a food log, another U-Pick experience and a Fresh Fork pick up.