Yesterday, my partner in crime and I had our trainer workout with Jen. Last week, I remember commenting that we didn’t do much leg work. Some workouts are more balanced for upper and lower bodies. Others focus more on one or the other. Well, we made up for it yesterday. My quads are really sore. I’m reminded of my workout every time I stand up and every time I use the stairs.
I was on the phone about our home refinance, so I didn’t really get a formal warm up. I also didn’t feel all that great, but I try hard not to be a whiner.
Here’s the workout
- 2 sets of the following:
- Squat to bench/Curl/Press 5lb x 30
- Overhead Tricep Pull Dropset 50lb->10lb x 12ea
- Standing Row Dropset 60lb ->20lb x 12ea
- Lateral Lunges x 20ea
- Isometric Front/Lateral Raises 3lb x 20ea
- Step-up to Reverse Lunge x 15ea
- Bench Pushups x 15
- 45degree sidebends 10lb x 15ea
- Good Mornings x 15
- Walking Lunges w/ Overhead Press 10lb x length of gym (1 set)
I’m pretty sure it was the 2 sets of 3 different lunges that did in the quads. Apparently, I have weak quads and need to keep doing more exercises.
Despite the quads, my arms and shoulders and even obliques are feeling pretty good today. I’m so glad to be doing these small group workouts. It’s so different strength training for a full hour.
Despite my quads, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes of walking on the indoor track.
Next up: My first workout at Anytime Fitness in the AM.