Today, my partner in crime and I met with Jen, our trainer. A week or two ago, I had inquired about doing a kettlebell workout. I was so glad that today was the day. I had been intrigued by them ever since I attended a demo about them at the Fit Bloggin’ conference last year.
I spent about 20 minutes on the elliptical for a warm up.
Then, we met up for our workout. All of our weights through the rows used the kettlebells.
- Multi-Directional Lunges x 5ea. way
3 sets of the following:
- Kettlebell Swings 15lb x 1:00 minute
- KB Push Press 12lb x :30 seconds each arm
- Windmill 5lb x 15ea side
- Twisting Squats 15lb x 30
2 sets of the following:
- Tactile Lunges 15lb x length of gym (passing the kettlebell under your leg after each step of the lunge)
- Bentover Row 15lb x 20ea. side
- Mountain Climbers on Slideboard x 50 (with crazy booties to help my feet slide)
1 set of the following:
- Box Squat to Press 18lb bodybar x 20
- Isometric Bicep Curl 12lb x 20ea arm
My partner in crime had to leave a bit early. Jen helped me stretch out well. I think that was a good thing.
An hour is a really long time to do strength training. I’m already sore. It was crazy. It was hard. It was good for me. I could fall in love with kettlebell training. I can’t wait until next week’s workout.