Yesterday, my partner in crime and I met up with our trainer for another fun-filled workout. The past few weeks of working out have been some of my best. I have been looking forward to Thursday more and more.
I’ve been thinking about what makes the workouts so great. I love doing the group training. It’s so much more motivational and social. Jen is such a great trainer and has been doing a great job of pushing both of us even though we are on different levels physically. Mostly, I think it’s about variety. Every workout is different. Each workout comes with exercises that are familiar, new and a combination. It’s been wonderful! Yesterday was no exception.
I took a walk early in the morning while Stephen was still at home. I was tired of taking a walk at 10PM to get my step requirement so I wanted to front load my steps for the day. When I arrived at the J, it was pretty early. I wanted to read a book, so I did a leisurely pace on a recumbent bike while I read. I ended up biking for about 20 minutes.
For the training session, we completed the following:
- KB Swing w/ Lateral Walk 15lbx 20ft. x 4 – We’ve done plenty of kettle bell swings before (150 just last week), but we never paired it with a lateral walk. It was a great exercise even if I had to pause every now and then to figure out what to do next. I’d get in a rhythm of steps and swings and then I would get off a beat and have to regroup.
- Slashers 10lbx 1 min x 2 – This was a brand new exercise. We basically held the kettle bell upside down and did a halo around our head paired with an alternating squat to one side and then the other. It’s a good exercise for core strength and shoulders.
- Single Arm TricepPull 20lbx 20ea
- Squat/Curl/Press 8lbx 20
- T-Plank 30secea
- Single Arm Cable Chest Press 30lbx 20ea
- Band Figure-8 Walk – moderate strength x 15ft.x2 – This one was a new exercise for me. We put a resistance strap around our ankles and did a figure 8 dance in them. It’s the type of exercise that you feel while you are doing it.
- Bodybar Overhead Walking Lunge 6lbx 60ft(down and back)
- Dumbbell I/Y/T/A Raises 5lbx 10ea – This was also a new exercise. It involved laying on my front on an incline bench, holding dumbbells and then doing 4 different sets of shoulder exercises. Of all of the exercises yesterday, I think I feel this one the most.
- Cable Sidebends40lbx 20ea
Later in the day, I played around in the pool with Sally. I think the water was a big help is loosening me up from all of the workout exercises.
I can’t wait to see what Jen has in store for us next week!