Today, my partner in crime and I had our weekly trainer workout. Last week, my partner had requested a gym or abs/core workout.
We knew we were headed for the gym when our trainer, Jen began to gather her toys.
We headed to the gym with medicine balls, body bars, and tennis balls. Once we got to the gym, we realized that it was already in use. We improvised by using the long hallway. We had a few members pass us on their way to Yoga/Pilates. For the most part, we had the hall to ourselves. Toward the end of the workout, we were able to use the gym for a couple of exercises.
I did a short warm up on a bike for about 5 minutes. I was mostly experimenting with my pedometer.
For our workout, we completed the following:
- Tennis Ball Suicides x 5 balls – Tennis balls were placed down the hall about 5 feet apart. We ran up to the first ball, picked it up and ran back to the start. We ran to the second and back, etc. I didn’t really run, but I moved quickly.
- Medicine Ball Throw and Chase 10lb. x length of hallway/gym
- Walking Lunges w/ body bar on back 18lb x length of hallway
- ‘Warrior’ Walk (body bar overhead) 18lb. x length of hallway x 2 – This was heavy!
- Curl and Press 18lb x 20
- T-Pushups x 20 total – I couldn’t exactly do a T, but I was impressed with how well I did on these. Basically, you are in the pushup form and you lift one hand/arm to the side at a time.
- Reaction Drill (side,side,front,back) 30 delightful seconds x 3 (:15 rest between) – This was kind of like Symon Says with us moving around based on Jen’s directional gestures
- Medicine Ball Overhead Throw to Partner 12lb x 30
- Medicine Ball Partner Toss side-side 10lb x 20
- Bicycles 30 seconds x 3 (:15 rest between)
- Medicine Ball Russian Twists 10lb x 30 seconds
I was super glad that I didn’t pick today to skip a shower. I worked hard and it was nice to have some cardio and moving mixed in with the strength training. I can’t wait to see what we tackle next week!