My partner in crime and I had our weekly trainer workout yesterday. We tackled the Kettlebells again.
After a 5 minute warm up on the elliptical, we met up for the following:
2 Sets each of the following:
- Partner Kettlebell Swings 15lb x :30 twice
- Twisting Squats 15lb x 30
- Tactile Lunges 15lb x 15ea leg
- Windmills 5lb x 15ea
- Kettlebell Push Press 12lb x :30ea arm
- Single Arm Kettlebell Swing 12lb x :30ea arm
- Partner Standing Bosu Med. Ball Oblique Toss 8lb x 1min.
- 1/4 Turkish Getup x 10ea side
- Supermans x 1min.
- Supermans alternating arm/leg x :30ea side
- Alternate arm/leg Crunch x :30ea side twice
This was my first time on the BOSU since last May when I had my partial meniscus tear. I really took my time getting back on that piece of equipment. I fell when I was trying to jump from one BOSU to another. That’s really different from balancing on one to do another exercise. Outside of my knee being a little sore from Wednesday’s diving practice, the BOSU felt just fine. Hopefully, we’ll slowly use it more so I can build up some confidence.
The last few items didn’t use the Kettlebells, but helped round out the workout. My partner wants to do more abs and core work and these exercises definitely fit that bill. I don’t usually have specific requests, but after doing the superman moves, I can tell my abs and core need work.
I swam this morning and feel pretty good, but I am definitely achy from the strength workout. My lifeguarding prerequisite test is Sunday and I am hoping that my strength training and swim practice pays off. Tomorrow should be an off day since I’ve worked hard this week, but I’m hoping to at least sneak in an active walk.