Today, it started snowing around 2am. It kept snowing for hours. We ended up with about 8 inches. The JCC was still open and we enjoyed a rather empty center today. During my workout, there were only about 10 people in the fitness center. I generally don’t decide whether to stay home or not, we just always go. If the schools are closed, we take the long way on main roads. It hasn’t failed us yet.
I had a trainer appt at 9am. Emily was running late, so I had a long warm up for 25 min on the elliptical. Then, I had my strength workout.
- lunges with 10lb plates (across the fitness center and back) – 2 sets
- plank on ground (with pad) – 20 sec, 30 sec
- hack squat (with 2 35lb plates) – 2 sets of 15
- chest press – 25lbs 1 set of 15 single arm
- chest press – 35 lbs 1 set of 12 double arm
- barbell triceps skulls – 20lbs 2 sets of 15
- high pull rope row – 90lbs 2 sets of 12
- back extension (holding 20lb plate) – 2 sets of 20
- wood chops side to side (holding 10lb medicine ball) – timed… maybe 45 sec
- side cable pull (not sure the name for this one – using a d ring pulling from the cable machine to the side) – 35lbs 1 set of 15 (on each side)
- press (not sure what to call this either) – 1 5lb dumbbell in each hand, doing a more neutral position press than a traditional shoulder press. The dumbbells were more in front that to the sides. 1 set of 15 while marching
I felt good after the workout despite my lack of day off yesterday. Tonight, I have the Friday exhaustion. It’s been a long week.
If your trainer was late, I hope they let you keep the kids in kid care for an extra few minutes! Keep up the exercise