I thought today would be a good day to track the workout progress to date for the week.
The Plan (in black) – Actual (in Green)
Monday – spin
I went to Beth’s spinning class. This was my second class since my knee injury. It feels so great to be back!
Tuesday – try out the new higher intensity water aerobics class
This class is new and Sharan is the instructor. It was an awesome class. I actually felt like it was challenging. This is something that I’d like to figure out how to fit into my workout schedule on a regular basis. It’s a pay class, but seems worth every penny. I think I will become a regular.
Wednesday – cardio warm up (45 minutes on the elliptical), then weights
We got to the J a bit later than I planned. I warmed up with 17 min on the elliptical. I rocked the intensity and strides per minute.
- Chest press (2 sets with 12 pound dumbbells)
- Fly (2 sets with 10 pound dumbbells)
- Shoulder press (2 sets with 5 pound dumbbells)
- Biceps (2 sets with 12 pound dumbbells)
- Triceps (1 set of 60, 50, 40, 30, then 20 pounds)
- Leg curl
- Leg extension
- Lunges (1 set of 10 on each side)
- Push ups (using bench or Smith bar)
- Plank (tried 3 times, didn’t have a way to time myself)
- Abs machine (it was busy every time I walked by)
- Abs floor exercises (did variety of exercises)
I feel very good about this workout. I didn’t get to all of the exercises due to time constraints (and I forgot my exact list). I worked hard and felt like I pushed myself. It’s good to be on track.
We’re started to make some vacation plans for next summer and I am hoping to really get in shape between now and then. It’s great to have some extra motivation going into the holiday season.