Last Thursday, I made sure to get in my strength training workout with Jen and my partner in crime before I headed to Baltimore on Friday. It turned out great since I did mostly walking as activity while I was gone.
I warmed up on a bike for just a few minutes before the workout.
2 sets of the following:
- Band Lateral Walk + Squat 10lb x length of gym
- Slider Lateral Lunges x 20ea leg
- Slider Hamstring Curls (attempt)/bridge hold
- I really need to work on my hamstrings. They were sore for days after only “attempting” this exercise. Both of my legs cramped up just trying it. Yikes.
- Kettlebell Swing + Lateral Walk 20lb x 20
- Scull Crushers + Chest Press 15lb x 20ea
- Lat. Pulldown 70lb x 20
- I upped the weight from 50 to 70 on the first set. I regretted it for a few days. I only did 50 or 60 on the second set. The actual lat. pull down wasn’t bad, but when you start combining other arm exercises, it really ups the intensity.
- Lying Cable Chest Press on ball 20lb x 15ea
- Ball Push Crunch 2x5lb x 20
- Bench Plank :30 x 3
- Wall Ball Squat w/ Press 8lb x 20
- Birddog on ball x 30ea side
I’m still really enjoying these workouts. Jen always amazes me with the new things we try each week. No two workouts are ever the same.