So, today I headed to the J without the kids due to a semi-rush schedule. I did a solo strength workout (meaning one that I did without a trainer and compiled the list of to dos on my own). Many of these items come from regular machines at the J combined with items that I’ve done with my trainers.
Warm up -6 minutes on the elliptical
- Leg curl- single leg 30lbs 15 each side
- Leg curl- double leg 70lbs 15 reps
- Chest press- single arm 10lbs 10 reps
- Chest press- double arm 30lbs 10 reps
- Ab machine- 125lbs (wanted 120, but then I noticed the extra five after my sets), 2 sets 30 reps each
- Biceps curl and triceps extension – 10lb dumbbells.. probably about 4 sets. I was chatting with Chaya during this time
- Back extension – holding 10lb disk, 20 reps
- Wood chops- 20 using 10lb medicine ball
- Shoulder press-double arm 20lbs 10 reps
- Shoulder press- single arm 10lbs 10 reps each side
I’m feeling good tonight. Looking forward to spinning in the morning. Hubby will be out of town this week, so our time at the J will be extra good for all of us.