Last night, it started snowing. It snowed and snowed and snowed. After getting everyone ready, I turned on a Bob the Builder episode and tackled enough snow from the walk and cards to get out of the drive. Normally, it takes us 12 min to get to the J. Today, it took 50. It was definitely our worst commute yet.
But, I had the BEST workout today.
I arrived at the time my training appointment was to begin. Emily had called in and was running late and I took a minute to relax from the drive in and catch my breath.
Then, I hopped on an elliptical until she arrived. I ended up doing 35 min. I spent most of my time between resistance 10 and 14. My heart rate was in the zone and it felt great. I’m glad that I’ve been kicking it up a notch.
Then, my strength workout with Emily:
- wood chops w/12lb ball side to side (from left shoulder to right knee and the reverse), 12 reps each side
- wood chops w/10 lb ball (same as above)
- barbell dead lifts (45lb bar), 2 sets of 15
- leg curl single leg-45lbs, 15 reps each side. My left leg is much weaker than my right
- lunges – walkway down and back w/15lb dumb bells, 2 sets
- plank – 16 seconds
- push ups – knees on BOSU, 2 sets of 10
- front shoulder raise, lateral raise -5lb dumbbells, 1 set of 10 each
- abdominal machine – 115lbs, 2 sets of 35
- barbell bench press-2 sets of 12 (just the bar)
- stability ball squat, wide feet pointed out – holding 12lb dumbbells
Next up: I’m not sure what the weekend will bring, but hopefully it will include at least one workout.