My husband traveled for work all week. He was due home around 1am this morning. The kids and I were ready for him to come back. Around 11pm last night, I found out that the flight (which was delayed several times for “maintenance”) was canceled and he would be spending the night at a hotel, courtesy of Delta, without his luggage. So, after staying up late waiting, I found myself exhausted with no energy to workout.
But, I had a trainer appointment scheduled and I have to pay for missed sessions. So, the kids and I rushed around this morning and off we went to the J.
My trainer Emily asked me how I was today. I told her I was grumpy. She said, “Let’s work the grumps all out”. We began with an exercise or two following by a plank (on the BOSU)…. ONE FULL MINUTE. SCORE! I told her that I was singing nursery rhymes (Twinkle, Twinkle and Pat a Cake to be exact) in my head to keep my mind off of it. My goal is still two minutes on the ground, but we are making progress.
- 8 min warm up on the elliptical
- lat pull down: 2 sets of 7 one arm, 7 other arm, 7 both arms at 80lbs
- row: same as above at 50lbs
- PLANK: one minute on the BOSU
- back extension: 2 sets of 20 reps holding a 10lb plate
- triceps v-bar: 2 sets of 20 reps at 60lbs
- rear delt: 7 reps each at 60, 45, 30 lbs
- foot on BOSU lunges: 2 sets of 15 on each side, 1 set of 10 on each side
- abs machine: 2 sets of 30 at 110lbs
After my workout with Emily, I ran into my friend Shayna. She was finishing up on the step mill. She always ROCKS the step mill. I chatted with her for a few minutes.
As I left the gym, I felt rejuvenated from the great workout and friendly chat.
My husband made it home around 4pm (only 16 hours later than the original plan) and was just in time to help with the kids during their crabby time and the extra pair of hands was nice.
Next up: cardio TBD Sat or Sun