I had my regular trainer workout with Emily this morning. It was great!
5 min warm up on the elliptical
- single arm chest press- 1 set, 30lbs, 10-12 reps each side (my left arm is stronger than my right, it’s obvious with single arm work)
- push ups off the BOSU-2 sets of 10
- single arm chest fly-1 set, 30 pounds, 10-12 reps each side
- double arm chest fly-1 set, 70 pounds, 10-12 reps
- bicep curl/overhead press combo using 8lb dumbbells while standing on Dyna disks-15 reps
- PLANK – 46 sec. YEAH! 2 min here I come.
- medicine ball squat swings- 2 sets of 15-20 using a 12lb ball
- dead lifts, straight leg, feet together – holding 20lb dumbbells, 15 reps
- walking lunges holding 15lb dumbbells down the walkway and back
- lunges w/body weight and knee lift while balancing on the other leg
I followed up the workout with 20min on the elliptical.
Later this afternoon, the kids and I ended up walking a trail that was just under a mile. My son walked and was exhausted at the end. My daughter was happily pushed in the stroller. The trail had a couple of small hills and was nicely paved.
Now, it’s 8pm and I still have points left to eat and I’m not hungry. It’s truly been one of my best food days in a long time. I’ll make a good choice for a snack in a bit and be ready for bed.