I found out today that a couple of links on my blog are broken. The contact me and the about Lyn pages are producing errors. My IT guy (hubby) is working on it.
Today, I scheduled a trainer workout with Jen. Chelsea was out of town. I used to workout with Jen. It’s been about a year. She definitely did not let me down and gave me a great workout. I really enjoyed the “same but different” theme throughout the workout.
First, I warmed up on the elliptical for 20 min.
- Lat pull down (using a different bar/grip that my normal) -70lbs, 15 reps, 2 sets
- Cable triceps pull down – 2 sets of 12 reps of 50 then 40, then 30, then 20 lbs all in a row. My triceps already feel it.
- Squat w/curl and press – 2 sets of 20 w/10lb dumbbells
- Lunge w/knee drive – 2 sets of 20 on each side
- Back extension w/punches – holding 5 pound plate in each hand, 4 sets of 15
- Bench side bends – this was really hard and my sides cramped up easily. In total, I probably had 10 sloppy ones on each side
- Barbell dead lift (off bench) – 45ish lb bar, 2 sets of 20 reps
I’m going to be sore tomorrow. It’s a good sore.
Next up: cardio. I’m thinking about trying the new Zumba class. There’s a new instructor for the 9:30am class in the morning.
Lyn, I hope you try the zumba class!! I love the one I go to, I think that you would really enjoy it! Keep up the great work, you inspire me to keep working out!
Hi Sarah, I actually love Zumba, but I don’t always like all of the instructors. You workouts are quite amazing!